INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AHMEDABAD
Associate Vice President – Ashank Desai Centre for Leadership and Organisational
Ashank Desai Centre for Leadership and Organisational Development (CLOD) at the Indian
Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), set up with support from Mr Ashank Desai (an IIM
Alumnus, Founder and former Chairman, Mastek), seeks to make a distinctive contribution to
knowledge about Leadership and Organisational Development through cutting-edge research in
the areas of leadership practice for knowledge organisations, non-governmental organisations and
public sector organisations. The center plans to develop and embrace newer leadership capabilities,
models and frameworks and engage in knowledge dissemination on the same through trainings,
advisory services, annual summits, speaker sessions, and newsletters.
CLOD is looking for a candidate at an Associate Vice President level who will set up the
management systems, program execution and brand development, and provide overall
administrative leadership to the newly established centre.
The Associate Vice President shall report to the Chairperson, Ashank Desai Centre for Leadership
and Organisational Development. Some of the responsibilities of the position include:
1. Develop management systems, administrative structures and processes for CLOD that are in
consonance with IIMA policies.
2. Provide logistical support to IIMA faculty members and help generate high impact intellectual
capital through research projects.
3. Work closely with Centre Chairperson and IIMA administration to conceptualize and organise
events such as conferences, workshops, symposia, and panels involving academics,
professionals, and policymakers.
4. Work with key actors in the leadership space to develop avenues for research, training, and
advisory engagement for IIMA faculty members.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in government, industry and
academic partner institutions.
6. Manage public relations and outreach through the website and social media activities of CLOD.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Requirements:
1. Postgraduate degree in any discipline, but preferably in management, organisational behaviour,
human resource management, strategic management or public administration from a reputed
institution. Candidates with a PhD degree in the relevant areas may also apply.
2. Industry leaders interested in working in an academic setting and contributing to leadership
knowledge creation and dissemination can also apply.
3. A minimum of 10 years of professional experience with demonstrable evidence of exceptional
performance and fit with the current position.
4. Excellent networking and communication skills.
5. Business development, fundraising, and the ability to build relationships with senior policy
makers and industry professionals.
Maximum Age will be 55 years, as on the last date of application.
Salary & Allowances:
The incumbent will be offered a three-year contract, on a consolidated monthly salary in CTC
mode. Compensation would be attractive for the right candidate. The contract may be extended
further at the end of the three years if the performance is found satisfactory.
Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE latest by March 31, 2021.